Xfree studder/pause and then segmentation fault

duanestites@cox.net duanestites@cox.net
Sun Jul 14 01:16:00 GMT 2002

3 days ago I downloaded the latest setup from the cygwin website and installed the xfree components.  My setup is a Dell latitude CPX with a Xircom cardbus network card running Windows 98SE. I am connecting to a linux box via XDMCP (I have connected to a Mandrake and YellowDog box with the same issues).  After connecting and logging in everything works fine for 15-30min. Then the mouse starts to pause every few min as do the screen updates. This lasts for about 1/2min and then it crashes out to the CYGWIN dos box. The box states "Segmentation Fault (Core Dump). At this point windows is now exhibiting the same pausing every few seconds that I had when in my Xfree session.  Once I exit out of the CYGWIN dos box everything returns to normal.  I can then restart my Xfree session and everything will repeat itself.

Is this a bug anyone has experienced?
Thanks,
Duane Stites