need help scripting multiple xfree startups

Dennis Foreman dforeman@stny.rr.com
Sun Jul 21 13:50:00 GMT 2002

Hi,
I need some hints on how to reduce the manual efforts in logging in remotely
under ssh.
Currently I can start Xfree using these steps:
1. Open a Cygwin window.
2a. run: ssh -Xl myuserid UNIX_system_domain_name
2b. enter password
3. open ANOTHER Cygwin window
4. in this new window, run: startxwin.sh
5. click to place the xterm on the X desktop
6. run my program

I need to repeat this 8 more times for each of 8 different machines. Is
there some way of automating this? (Yes, I know a script will do it. I need
some detailed help on what to put in the script.) Especially eliminating
having to type a pw every time and clicking to establish the Xwindow on the
X desktop.

regards,
D. J. Foreman
website: http://WWW.CS.Binghamton.EDU/~foreman