New (Delphi) xlauncher

Harold L Hunt II huntharo@msu.edu
Mon Jul 22 07:31:00 GMT 2002

Nicholas Wourms wrote:
> --- Harold Hunt <huntharo@msu.edu> wrote:
>
>>>I'm still not sure where to head with the non-delphi version. I have
>>>some options, but all have disadvantages:
>>>
>>>libW11 doesn't look like it will do everything I need without the use
>>
>>of
>>
>>>more libraries, ie xforms or gtk.
>>>

>>Whoever suggested libW11 was smoking some great crack.  libW11 is by no
>>means a complete API.  I'll just forget that this was ever mentioned.
>>(I'm
>>not complaining to you, I'm just complaining)
>>

> Jeeze Harold what beef do you have with libW11?  I was merely suggesting
> he look into it since it seemed to work so well for rxvt.  I never made
> any such claim that it was a complete API, nor that it would work for sure
> in his case.
>
> Cheers (I guess...),
> Nicholas

libW11 is a hack that has *just enough* functionality to support rxvt.
If you stray outside this functionality by calling any random graphics
call, you will either get a crash, graphics not drawn at all, or
graphics drawn incorrectly.  libW11 is not a API, contrary to what the
maintainer of it wishes it to be.  libW11 is just a seperate packaging
of the hacks that allow rxvt to run without modification of the graphics
drawing routines under Windows.

No beef.