Hey hey, I now have the emacs 100% cpu usage bug too [CGF, this one is for you]

Harold L Hunt II huntharo@msu.edu
Thu Nov 14 11:52:00 GMT 2002

I have seen plenty of reports that emacs is going into an infinite loop
upon startup, but I have not been able to offer any solution to help
people fix this problem.

Well, now I have the same problem on my machine.  This is obviously due
to a bug in some new Cygwin package, and I am guessing that cygwin1.dll
is most likely the culprit (as there have been no new XWin.exe nor emacs
releases in quite some time).

The problem showed up after I ran setup.exe on Monday, I believe... but
I did not run emacs again until today.

So, which release do we think caused this problem?  I am running
cygwin1.dll version 1.3.15-1 from November 7th.

I will check now if there is another update available that fixes the
problem.