X11 and Heavy loadbalancing?

Alexander Gottwald alexander.gottwald@s1999.tu-chemnitz.de
Fri Nov 15 05:49:00 GMT 2002

On Fri, 15 Nov 2002 choice15@gmx.de wrote:

> My simple Questions is:
>  Is there an Java based  (EJB) X11R6 J2EE 1.2 / 1.3 Servercontainer Software
> released
> thadt can act as Part of an J2EE Applicationserver to act  as  an
> X11-Server?

Why would anyone want that? The X server is running on your local workstation
If you have the X server running on a remote host, you can not see the visual
output.

> > If you want to handle a lot of workstations with few compute servers, you
> > can use the -broadcast to select the first answering compute server
> instead
> > of selecting one with -query. The first responding is likely to have a low
> > load.
>
> I think the Java Part is a little bit more easly to manage for setting up an
> "Userfriendly" and Crossplatform compliant System thadt runs anywhere
> without Bash or other Shell/Terminalconsoles (Just like Hit & Run and better
> and Costsaver as an Propritary Windows based CITRIX Metaframeterminalserver)

The terms server and client are switched in the X1 world. The Windows Application
server is the X client and The Terminal Client is like the X Server.

What you want (If I understood that correctly) is a login server running in
the Applicationserver which connects to your local X11 display.
The problem here is to implement a shell, or a desktop in java which acts
as UI for the logged in user. Smth. like KDE or Gnome for Java.

bye
	ago
 http://www.gotti.org           ICQ: 126018723