X11 and Heavy loadbalancing?

choice15@gmx.de choice15@gmx.de
Fri Nov 15 07:44:00 GMT 2002

> Yup, I am equally confused.

I am realy sorry

> Keep in mind that the X Server is ``serving'' your display, mouse, and
> keyboard hardware to applications that would like to utilize them.  A
> ``client'' of your X Server is utilizing the display, mouse, and
> keyboard on the X Server by drawing a window and accepting user input
> via the mouse and keyboard.

Ok, my Syntax for my Request is an little bit  urly wurly.
(I know thadt the Client has the hardest Job on a X-Session,
but it was no clear to me how much is the X-Server involved at this Time)

> Alexander is right: clustering the X Server makes absolutely no sense.
>  How can you server multiple instances of your display, mouse, and
> keyboard?  Why would you want to?

The I/O Traffic producing by the Apps on X-Serverside (Harddisk access to
the Partitions) I assume thadt a lot of Officeuser thadt would connect to
the X-Server, slow down the
Machine.

With Oracle IFS, (Fileservermodule in the AppServer)  the
Filesystemoperations
would be redirect to the Databasesystem  (more and faster then ext2/ext3 or
Raiser)
while using the Databaseengine to lookup for the File.

The Idea:

Layer 1:

The Oracle 9i R2 J2EE Applicationserver (Internetfilesystem - IFS-Module)
managing the in-comming Filerequests and handles, takes care vor
Failoversituations and delegating
Requests to other RealApplication Cluster.

Layer 2:

The Oracle 9i R2 Databasesystem handle the IFS-Fileobjects and put it into
its Tablepsaces (Databasefiles and its Pratitions) as an Datarecord (BLOB)

Next Questions:
Ist there an JAVA (or J2EE) Implementation of an X11
Server avaiable thadt can be used for studying?

Is it heavy to implement the Programmlgoic (Functional?) if C/C++ to Java
Translation is necesarry?

Thanks