Moving windows in rootless mode not showing border

Brian J. Conway bconway@alum.wpi.edu
Sat Nov 16 23:41:00 GMT 2002

Greetings, I had a question about rootless mode (excellent work, BTW).
I'm logged into a Solaris 2.6 XDMCP server and using CDE, and if I go to
move a window, the window will move correctly, and I get the little square
in the middle of the screen showing the coordinate position, but I don't
see the silver border of the window I'm moving except within the existing
window or any other X window.  This is the only difference I've been able
to see between -rootless mode and using Reflection X, which I'm trying to
replace (our users have simple needs, but a rootless mode is one of them).
 Any ideas if this is an issue specific to Cygwin/XFree86 rootless mode or
if there's somewhere else I should report it?  I don't have screenshots on
hand at the moment to send, but I can on Monday if people don't know what
I'm talking about.  Thanks in advance for your time, great work guys.

-b