xwinclip test 6 hacked to leave selection untouched

Chris Twiner c_twiner@hotmail.com
Mon Nov 18 13:23:00 GMT 2002

>Well, if you solution is everthing you claim, then you certainly have not
> >been promoting it correctly.

It's my fault that you have forgotten it?  I don't thinks so.  If you did
not want to use it then you should have said a long time ago before I wasted
days on it.

>The impression I have gathered is that it requires hooks to watch >messages
>for the XWin.exe windows, whereas today's solution does not >require such
>hooks. I have really been waiting for a solution that does >not require
>such hooks. If your solution no longer requires such hooks, >then you did a
>poor job of communicating that fact.

Nothing has changed about it using hooks.  Nothing at all.  If his solution
does work/ not had time to try it out. Then at least the jmp's and signal
handling should still be of some use.

Also :

https://listman.redhat.com/pipermail/xdg-list/2000-October/000005.html

And the reading I did whilst creating the changes would indicate this only
happens for applications that explicitly choose it too.

Motif apps don't either it would seem.

Chris