rootless mode and mousing to other windows

Jehan nahor@bravobrava.com
Fri Nov 1 09:30:00 GMT 2002

Harold L Hunt II wrote:
> Well, that is not an opinion that I have ever seen expressed here to
> date and I have not seen any developer announce that they are aiming to
> provide such functionality.  It has always been my understanding that
> 99% of people are interested in having MS Windows manage the X Windows
> windows.

Isn't what the "X client wrapper for Win apps" (win2x, gdi2X, xgdi,
win4x, i-don't-know-what-the-name-is-now) is aiming at? It's actually a
broader goal than that but one of the result will be that the Windows
apps will be managed by the X windows manager.

Gerald, you may want to look at the thread
http://sources.redhat.com/ml/cygwin-xfree/2002-09/msg00181.html (and
http://sources.redhat.com/ml/cygwin-xfree/2002-09/msg00094.html) for
further details

	Jehan