x-server with window-manager

Lane, Frank L frank.l.lane@boeing.com
Sat Oct 19 14:09:00 GMT 2002

Hi Harold,

I'm trying to learn and maybe that puts me out of the loop here.  But, I'll
ask anyway.  Is there a place users, like myself, can go and see a list of
outstanding projects for cygwin?  You know, the one's that you authors would
allow us to help on.

Thanks,
Frank

-----Original Message-----
From: Harold Hunt [mailto:huntharo@msu.edu]
Sent: Saturday, October 19, 2002 4:05 PM
To: cygwin-xfree@cygwin.com
Subject: RE: x-server with window-manager

Sven,

<snip>
I said earlier that you would still have to run an X Window Manager.  Yes,
Cygwin/XFree86 will eventually have a window manager that opens X windows in
Windows windows.  However, we only got rootless support three days ago, so I
wouldn't count on that integrated window manager being finished any time
soon, unless you are willing to help write it.