x-server with window-manager

Harold L Hunt II huntharo@msu.edu
Sat Oct 19 15:03:00 GMT 2002

Frank,

I'm not sure if Cygwin proper maintains an open development items list,
but Cygwin/XFree86 has a development to-do page:
http://xfree86.cygwin.com/devel/todo.html

Some of the items listed on that page are more housekeeping, such as
integrating the Wine DirectDraw headers with Cygwin's win32api package,
while others are sort of wish-list items, such as writing the
Windows-based window manager that works together with the new rootless
mode.  The new rootless mode itself will require a lot of attention, as
we could provide an option that would allow root menus to work (but this
wouldn't allow you to click the focus through to a Windows window; we
also need to handle non-rectangular windows created with the X Shape
Extension.

Then there is xwinclip, which Chris Twiner has put a lot of work into
and I need to review and accept his patches... his work should allow us
to integrate clipboard support into XWin.exe, rather than having to run
a stand-alone executable.

Hmm... I just realized that the To-Do list needs to be updated and
several items need to be added.  I will try to get around to that soon.

Harold