Uses for Cygwin/XFree86

Harold L Hunt II huntharo@msu.edu
Mon Oct 21 16:22:00 GMT 2002

Chris,

By the way, if you have not been following the list for the past week,
the new ``-rootless'' mode makes it much more convenient to work with a
combination of Windows programs, X forwarded windows, and local X
windows.  For example, I can be using Xfig, emacs, and xterm (for
running make on my Latex) under Cygwin/XFree86, and I can
``click-through'' to the Adobe Acrobat window that is underlying the X
programs that I am using to see what the latest compiled PDF looks like;
when done with Acrobat I can click back on one of the X windows to bring
it back into focus.

I will really have to add a screenshot of the rootless mode.