Problems with xwinclip version 0.5/0.6

Chris Twiner c_twiner@hotmail.com
Tue Oct 22 02:25:00 GMT 2002

Hi Volker,

I notice you had a mingw error.  Could you please try using the gcc provided
with cygwin, as I believe myself and others use.  It should remove most of
the problems you're seeing as neither myself nor others seem to have them.

As to the output, that's correct it's debug information to let me know what
is going on message wise through the system.  The ioctl statement is due to
the cygwin code for the windows device explicitly mentioning setting the
hwnd it listens to (or listens to all).  Which doesn't really hurt anything
in the code you have.

After that message it should also display information in the xwinclip window
about what windows and X messages are being processed involving the
clipboards, again just debug information.

Thank you for trying to use the code though.

Chris