Love Cygwin, Why do I need Xfree86??

Ronald Landheer-Cieslak ronald@landheer.com
Fri Apr 11 14:24:00 GMT 2003

On Fri, 11 Apr 2003, zzapper wrote:
> >There are some packages that have X11 versions that need X11 to run.
> I've not been on "real" Unix for 7 years so I've never even heard of
> these X11 Apps. Where can I get an overview?
Just take a look in Setup under the XFree86 categorie - besides XFree
itself, a bunch of apps that need X are listed there.

There's also the X-versions of diverse apps (like ghostscript, for
example)..

rlc

FWIW, you can find all the information you want in the archives of
http://cygwin.com/ml/cygwin-xfree/
and here:
http://xfree86.cygwin.com/

also: this thread is off-topic here. I've redirected it to
cygwin-xfree at cygwin dot com and moved cygwin at cygwin dot com to bcc.
Please make sure you don't reply to cygwin at cygwin dot com.