can not start 'startx' from the prompt and missing files

kiwhan chung kiwhan@hotmail.com
Tue Apr 22 19:40:00 GMT 2003

Andy,

Thank you for replying.

The .xinitrc file in my home directory is copied from another directory (I
don't remember) that was created by the automatic installation.  The
installation guide stated that the file should be copied to the home
directory and edited as necessary.  My question is that... the variables
defined in the file directs to a file which doesn't exist.  The entire
subdirectory /usr/X11R6/X11/xinit doesn't exist.  I was wondering if that is
caused by a faulty installation.

Kiwhan