alternative to xwinclip

J S vervoom@hotmail.com
Fri Apr 25 09:02:00 GMT 2003

Hi,

I was wondering if there is an opensource alternative to xwinclip?

We have one X application where for some reason, I can't copy text
from(using -clipboard) directly to windows. Instead, I have to copy and
paste to an xterm first, and then copy the same text again from that xterm,
before being able to paste it into windows. Unfortunately this method
doesn't always work because, if you try to copy a shellscript and paste that
into an xterm, it then tries to run that script! The users here also report
that sometimes the paste doesn't paste all the text that was copied.

I would really like to find a solution to this, as its blocking the use of
XFree at my work. So any help would be greatly appreciated.

Many thanks,

JS.