[XFree86-4.2.0] Now that we have an improved ld, please make libXt a shared library.

Alexander Gottwald alexander.gottwald@s1999.tu-chemnitz.de
Fri Aug 1 09:23:00 GMT 2003

On Fri, 1 Aug 2003, Ralf Habacker wrote:

> _XInherit:
> 	jmp (*xyz)
>
> where xyz is the address of the image allocation table, in which the address of
> the real function address is stored.
>
> So using *(long *)((long)_XInherit+2) in a client dll for comparing gives the
> real function address.

_XtInherit is now used in initialisation of static structures. So any substitute
must not contain terms which value is only known at runtime. This includes return
values of function and memory access (which includes variables and your example).

bye
	ago
--
 Alexander.Gottwald@s1999.tu-chemnitz.de