xfree cvs [ago]

Alexander Gottwald alexander.gottwald@s1999.tu-chemnitz.de
Wed Aug 6 14:43:00 GMT 2003

On Wed, 6 Aug 2003, Harold L Hunt II wrote:

> I tried a 'cvs tag' command to try to get the files in
> xc/programs/Xserver/xfixes to show up under the XFIXES_BRANCH branch,
> but it didn't appear to do what I thought it would.

You can't move a file to another branch. Those branch names are different
to simple tags.

> Alexander Gottwald --- Do you know that to do here?  I really don't know
> that much about cvs and I would appreciate any input you have.

what I've done:
cvs co xc/programs/Xserver/xfixes
cd xc/programs/Xserver/xfixes
mkdir tmp
cp Imakefile select.c xfixes.c xfixesint.h tmp
cvs update -r XFIXES_BRANCH
cp tmp/* .
cvs add Imakefile select.c xfixes.c xfixesint.h
cvs commit

So I've checkedin the files in the XFIXES_BRANCH

bye
	ago
--
 Alexander.Gottwald@s1999.tu-chemnitz.de