XWinrc configurable server (menus/icons)

Earle F. Philhower III earle@ziplabel.com
Sun Aug 10 18:17:00 GMT 2003

Howdy Harold,

At 12:58 PM 8/10/2003 -0400, you wrote:
>I have committed your patch to my local tree.  However, I wonder why all
>of the files are prefixed with "winmultiwindow".  Is the code purely
>intended only for multiwindow modes?  If so, that is fine.  It not,
>perhaps we should rebrand this before we start releasing it and committing
>it to CVS.
>Other than that, everything looks great.  It builds fine and runs, but I
>haven't had a chance to play around with the prefs file yet (my paths are
>different than yours, etc.).

You're correct, the taskbar menu configuration is done for single window
mode, too.  Whether that's a useful thing, I'm not really sure (it'll work
fine, but normally you'd just use your window manager's root menu and not
touch the X taskbar icon).

Before a commit, I do have a bugfix or two to post.  xwinrc.2.diff throws
out a window custom icon if the window is closed thru the Windoze close
box, and the setsid() CGF suggested isn't in there either.  I also added
an on-the-fly reload menu command so you don't need to restart X to
update the icons/menus.  Would you like a diff against xwinrc.2.diff or
against test95?

-Earle F. Philhower, III
  earle@ziplabel.com
  cdrlabel - ZipLabel - FlpLabel