XWinrc configurable server (menus/icons)

Harold L Hunt II huntharo@msu.edu
Sun Aug 10 22:13:00 GMT 2003

Earle,

Earle F. Philhower III wrote:

> Howdy Harold,
>
> At 12:58 PM 8/10/2003 -0400, you wrote:
>
>> I have committed your patch to my local tree.  However, I wonder why
>> all of the files are prefixed with "winmultiwindow".  Is the code
>> purely intended only for multiwindow modes?  If so, that is fine.  It
>> not, perhaps we should rebrand this before we start releasing it and
>> committing it to CVS.
>> Other than that, everything looks great.  It builds fine and runs, but
>> I haven't had a chance to play around with the prefs file yet (my
>> paths are different than yours, etc.).
>

> You're correct, the taskbar menu configuration is done for single window
> mode, too.  Whether that's a useful thing, I'm not really sure (it'll work
> fine, but normally you'd just use your window manager's root menu and not
> touch the X taskbar icon).

Should we change the file prefixes to something along the lines of
"winprefs" then?

> Before a commit, I do have a bugfix or two to post.  xwinrc.2.diff throws
> out a window custom icon if the window is closed thru the Windoze close
> box, and the setsid() CGF suggested isn't in there either.  I also added
> an on-the-fly reload menu command so you don't need to restart X to
> update the icons/menus.  Would you like a diff against xwinrc.2.diff or
> against test95?

Please send the diff against xwinrc.2.diff.  I know that a patch can add
new files, but will it know to remove the winmultiwindow files that are
getting renamed?  If not, I will try to manually remove the new files
that are renamed.

Thanks for contributing,