Error: procedure entry point in cygwin1.dll

Christopher Faylor cgf-no-personal-reply-please@cygwin.com
Sun Dec 7 23:11:00 GMT 2003

On Sun, Dec 07, 2003 at 05:31:57PM -0500, Harold L Hunt II wrote:
>The overall point to be taken home here is that you can't trust the
>search facility in XP unless you are prepared to ask people if they have
>done things in a very specific way *and* you are prepared to trust their
>response to those questions.  It ends up being a huge waste of time when
>you could instead run a command-line search and be done with it.

I'm pretty certain that using the search facility in XP for the purpose
of searching for duplicate cygwin1.dll's should work just fine.

Using cygwin's command-line search in a scenario where cygwin doesn't
work is obviously not going to work and using dir/s is rather laborious
and error-prone if you have multiple drives.

In the many years of advising people to use GUI utility, I've never
heard anyone say that they failed to find what they were looking for
with this method.

cgf