numlock

J S vervoom@hotmail.com
Fri Feb 7 09:23:00 GMT 2003

Hi Thomas,

Thanks for your reply. I get the same as you if I run xmodmap -pm. Also if I
do: xmodmap -e "clear mod2" that clears mod2, but on the XDM login screen I
still can't type any letters.

Here's the value of the NumLock key before clearing mod2:

KeyRelease event, serial 21, synthetic NO, window 0x600001,
    root 0x36, subw 0x0, time 3663237, (570,393), root:(576,418),
    state 0x10, keycode 77 (keysym 0xff7f, Num_Lock), same_screen YES,
    XLookupString gives 0 characters:  ""

Here's the value after clearing mod2:

KeyRelease event, serial 21, synthetic NO, window 0x600001,
    root 0x36, subw 0x0, time 3594839, (105,139), root:(111,164),
    state 0x10, keycode 77 (keysym 0xff7f, Num_Lock), same_screen YES,
    XLookupString gives 0 characters:  ""

The state value seems to be the same.

JS.