xfree and vms

J S vervoom@hotmail.com
Tue Jan 21 18:07:00 GMT 2003

Harold,

I had no problem running VMS on XFree86. I just did:

1 – Telnet to connect and logon as normal

2 – Set the X windows display with SET DISPLAY/CREATE /NODE=my.machine.name
/TRAN=TCPIP

3 – To test the connection, start a new terminal with CREATE/TERM/DETACH or
type MC DECW$CLOCK

That worked fine. But I have to get the keys and fonts working for an app
that runs on there. Harold, ANY help is appreciated!

Many thanks,

JS.