unable to change us keyboard in french keyboard

Albert Polombo a.polombo@wanadoo.fr
Tue Jul 29 14:20:00 GMT 2003

I have done the installation of cygwin-xfree under W2000. It works
perfectly but  I get an us keyboard in a graphic window. I tried to put the
line run setxkbmap.exe -layout fr in startxwin.bat but  with that line, it
is no more possible to open a graphic window.
I have also tried the command setxkbmap.exe -layout fr in a graphic window
and the window was shut.
All the previous work in the case of Windows98. I would like some help.
Thank you.