Updated on sourceware: XFree86-xserv-4.2.0-42

Harold L Hunt II huntharo@msu.edu
Mon Jun 2 18:38:00 GMT 2003

Benny,

Benjamin Riefenstahl wrote:

> Hi Harold,
>

> Harold L Hunt II <huntharo@msu.edu> writes:
>
>>1) winconfig.c - Change nodeadkeys default to NULL for the German
>>(Germany) keyboard layout.  (Alexander Gottwald, Benjamin
>>Riefenstahl)
>>
>>2) X.ico - Add 24 x 24 - 256 color and 24 x 24 - 16 color icons.
>>(Harold L Hunt II, Benjamin Riefenstahl)
>>
>>3) wintrayicon.c - Change hard-coded 16 x 16 icon load to use
>>GetSystemMetrics (SM_CXSMICON) and GetSystemMetrics (SM_CYSMICON) to
>>retrieve size of small icon to be used.  Hopefully this loads the 24
>>x 24 icon on systems that have been changed to use 24 x 24 icons for
>>the notification tray.  (Harold L Hunt II, Benjamin Riefenstahl)
>

> You're making it sound like I did a whole lot of work, when I was just
> complaining most of the time ;-).

Pointing me in the right direction is worthy of credit; I appreciate it
very much.

>>2) X.ico - Add 24 x 24 - 256 color and 24 x 24 - 16 color icons.
>>(Harold L Hunt II, Benjamin Riefenstahl)
>

> Are you sure that this is included?  When I extract the icon from the
> binary, it doesn't seem to have changed.  This may be related to the
> fact that the icon isn't mentioned as a dependency of XWin.res in the
> Makefile.

Well, that explains why the 24 x 24 icon looks like crap on my notebook
that uses that size in the notification tray.  I had been doing a make
clean, but I don't think I ever wrote a clean rule for the resource
builder in the Imake script.  Sorry, running out of proper verbage and
20 some emails to go...