Updated on sourceware: XFree86-xserv-4.2.0-42

Harold L Hunt II huntharo@msu.edu
Mon Jun 2 19:13:00 GMT 2003

Benny,

Harold L Hunt II wrote:
> Benjamin Riefenstahl wrote:
>>
>> Are you sure that this is included?  When I extract the icon from the
>> binary, it doesn't seem to have changed.  This may be related to the
>> fact that the icon isn't mentioned as a dependency of XWin.res in the
>> Makefile.
>>

> Well, that explains why the 24 x 24 icon looks like crap on my notebook
> that uses that size in the notification tray.  I had been doing a make
> clean, but I don't think I ever wrote a clean rule for the resource
> builder in the Imake script.  Sorry, running out of proper verbage and
> 20 some emails to go...

I can't confirm that the icon in XWin.exe hasn't changed.  How did you
extract the icon and view its contents?  You do have an icon
editor/viewer that is capable of listing the multiple icons with the
file, right?  Visual Studio will only show you one icon, even though
there are now six.

I made two fixes to prevent updates from the icon file from not being
picked up later:

1) xc/config/cf/cygwin.rules/ResourceObjectRule - Added a clean step
that removes the .res file.

2) xc/programs/Xserver/hw/xwin/Imakefile - Passed X.ico in the depends
for that call to ResourceObjectRule that builds XWin.res.

A 'make clean' in xc/programs/Xserver/hw/xwin now removes XWin.res, like
it should.  A 'touch X.ico' now causes XWin.res to be rebuilt, as it
should.  I can't believe I hadn't fixed these earlier.