laptop performace

Thor Anders Aarhaug taarhaug@mercury.chembio.ntnu.no
Sat Mar 1 18:48:00 GMT 2003

"Thomas Chadwick" <j_tetazoo@hotmail.com> writes:

| Back in January I noticed the performance of Cygwin, and
| Cygwin/Xfree86 in particular, went down the tubes.  I posted to the
| general cygwin mailing list since all things cygwin were affected.
| Here's a link to the root of the thread.  You can follow it to
| conclusion by hitting the "Thread Next" link.

hi,

interesting, although not the case for me: the stationary is running
folding@home, while the laptop is not. no other bg processes that
takes at lot of CPU resources.

I just can't understand why emacs is "readily" started from .xinitrc,
but not otherwise.

Thor A.
--
Thor A. Aarhaug
"Bridgestone Potenza S-03 Pole Position; seeya!"