Broken fvwm install?

Stephen Biggs yyyyy50@hotpop.com
Fri May 23 17:04:00 GMT 2003

I downloaded the XFree86 cygwin version and the fvwm package.

The fvwm doesn't install itself as the window manager, so I changed the
line in startxwin.sh from "twm &" to "fvwm &".  This caused it to load
but it failed to find any *.xpm files with a few hundred error messages.

I went to the fvwm website and downloaded the icons and this went a lot
better, but it is still missing a LOT of *.xpm files as well as "xload"
(which probably doesn't make sense on a Windows 98 system, but why does
the vanilla installation try to load it?)

Shouldn't the cygwin install take care of these issues?  What am I
missing?  There is NO documentation on what to do about these issues.