Custom icons per window class/name patch

Earle F. Philhower III earle@ziplabel.com
Sat May 24 17:31:00 GMT 2003

Howdy Colin and Harold,

At 10:54 AM 5/24/2003 +0100, you wrote:
>Just tried your patch.
>Works fine on xeyes, xcalc etc but banged (Dr Watson and all that jazz) on
>ethereal (a gtk application).
>I put the .ini file in c:\windows, but I assume it can go anywhere in the
>%PATH%?
>I'll have a play a bit more later and come back with some better results and
>trace!

Can you guys find an app that runs locally which causes this?  I'm cut off
from real unix machines and compiling Konqueror under cygwin is a little
bit more than I'm up for.  Just d/ling it would probably take all day!

My initial feeling is that this is just a pixmap depth problem:  The XC
apps all use 1-bit bitmaps, and the commercial-ish apps give colored pixmaps
and that function miGetImage() doesn't downconvert, so the memory given
for the bitmap isn't enough (not is the processing right, but that won't
cause a crash, just ugliness).

Also, that xwin.ini is just vestigial, feel free to remove it from the
code unless you really want to hand-iconify apps.

-Earle F. Philhower, III
  earle@ziplabel.com
  cdrlabel - ZipLabel - FlpLabel
  http://www.cdrlabel.com