xmodmap has no effect on mouse buttons

Harold L Hunt II huntharo@msu.edu
Sun Nov 2 22:10:00 GMT 2003

Takuma,

Takuma Murakami wrote:

> At line 2912 in xc/programs/Xserver/dix/events.c
> the function CoreProcessPointerEvent reads:
>
> #if !defined(XFree86Server) || !defined(XINPUT)
>             xE->u.u.detail = butc->map[key];
> #endif
>
> This code remaps mouse buttons.  For XWin.exe the
> symbols XFree86Server and XINPUT are both defined and
> this remapping is not performed.
>
> I think this has something to do with the problem but
> I don't know whether it is an expected behaviour or not.
> Could anyone help me?

I think you have a good point there.  I thought I tried to disable the
definition of XFree86Server when building XWin.exe... maybe I didn't try
hard enough, or maybe that never made it into XFree86's CVS.  Hmm... or
maybe I actually had to enable XFree86Server... I just don't remember.

In any case, somebody should do a build that doesn't have XFree86Server
defined and see if it fixes the problem.