Define a foreign language keyboard in HP-Ux CDE?

Hans Dekker hans.dekker.ext@juntadeandalucia.es
Wed Nov 5 13:26:00 GMT 2003

Hi Harold and others,

I installed the new version of the Xserver and I got some closer but not
as close as I´d like.

Using Xserv 4.3.0-21 and defining the keyboard as Spanish in XF86Config
gave me the following:

- Shift key combinations work as supposed on a Spanish keyboard.
- AltGr key combinations don't work.
- In the xmodmap -pk output I can see that there is no definition for
key combinations with AltGr, and that the AltGr key is defined as:

113    0xfe03    (ISO_Level3_Shift)      0xff20 (Multi_key)

- I am still working with HP-UX CDE.
- The definitions in /etc/X11/XF86Config are:

     Option "XkbModel"    "pc105"
     Option "XkbLayout"   "es"
#    Option "XkbVariant"  "nodeadkeys"

#    Option "LeftAlt"     "Meta"
     Option "RightAlt"    "ModeShift"

- XWin.log says it's installing the keyboard OK.

Any suggestions to resolve this will be more than welcome.

Regards, Hans.