screen redraw problem

J S vervoom@hotmail.com
Wed Nov 19 15:51:00 GMT 2003

Thanks for the help I got on this from Harold and Alan. The application was
written in-house and after I asked the client for the source code, they
managed to find the error themselves. For some reason, this only showed up
in XFree86 though (not Exceed or Sun X-Windows). Here's what they said:

"An XWindows Draw function was taking a clipping area as a parameter. Under
Xfree86, depending on what you are doing, invalid clipping areas were being
generated and so the Draw function was causing screen distortions. I have
put a validation in which checks the clipping area and if invalid it does
not paint. In the old days when I used to work on the Windows SDK and
OS2/Presentation Manager we used to hit similiar problems. This fix appears
to be working."