Keyboard autorepeat settings [Was: Updated: XFree86-xserv-4.3.0-22]

Harold L Hunt II huntharo@msu.edu
Thu Nov 20 20:46:00 GMT 2003

Cary,

Cary Jamison wrote:

> It seems to me that what is being asked for is that XKB support is kept
> but its default configuration (delay, repeat rate, etc.) is whatever
> Windows is currently set to.  I think this makes very good since - if I
> really want a repeat rate different for X applications I can configure
> it, otherwise it should be the same as it is on all my other Windows
> apps.
>
> From the above comments it looks like Alexander understood this but
> Harold thought everyone was asking to remove XKB support and go back to
> using Windows autorepeat.  Forgive me if I misread you, Harold.

I think you hit the nail on the head.

People are asking for XKB to handle the generation of autorepeat key
events, but for it to grab its default settings from the Windows
autorepeat settings?  Is that what is going on here?