Keyboard autorepeat settings [Was: Updated: XFree86-xserv-4.3.0-22]

Zbynek Winkler zwin@users.sourceforge.net
Fri Nov 21 08:29:00 GMT 2003

Harold L Hunt II wrote:

> Cary,
>
> Cary Jamison wrote:
>
>> It seems to me that what is being asked for is that XKB support is kept
>> but its default configuration (delay, repeat rate, etc.) is whatever
>> Windows is currently set to.  I think this makes very good since - if I
>> really want a repeat rate different for X applications I can configure
>> it, otherwise it should be the same as it is on all my other Windows
>> apps.
>>
>> From the above comments it looks like Alexander understood this but
>> Harold thought everyone was asking to remove XKB support and go back to
>> using Windows autorepeat.  Forgive me if I misread you, Harold.
>

> I think you hit the nail on the head.
>
> People are asking for XKB to handle the generation of autorepeat key
> events, but for it to grab its default settings from the Windows
> autorepeat settings?  Is that what is going on here?

Yes, that was the original nature of my request. Forgive me for not
being clear enough. I didn't understand the underlaying consequences to
explain it better.
Zbynek

--
http://zw.matfyz.cz/     http://robotika.cz/
Faculty of Mathematics and Physics, Charles University, Prague, Czech Republic