Generic rootless

Harold L Hunt II huntharo@msu.edu
Mon Oct 20 02:47:00 GMT 2003

Kensuke,

I did a quick build test of the generic rootless code.  hw/xwin builds
fine, but nothing is getting built in miext/rootless, nor has rootless
extension been added to the XWin.exe link command (so there are
unresolved references to rootless* symbols).  I am guessing that you had
to modify Xserver/Imakefile or config/cf/cygwin.*, but forgot to send a
diff for those.  Could you send that diff please?

Is the next step in this to pull the multi-window window manager back
out of XWin.exe and make it a stand-alone executable, like XDarwin?  Or,
is our current setup with the integrated multi-window wm the best solution?

Thanks for contributing,

Harold