Font and .bat files missing when installing XFree86 only?

Hans Dekker hans.dekker.ext@juntadeandalucia.es
Fri Oct 31 07:40:00 GMT 2003

Hi all,

Having downloaded a version of XFree86, I see a difference between a
previous version and this one:

- When installing de XFree86 option only, no fonts are installed. I had
to install (= copy) font files from a previous version and that worked.
Am I missing something?

- Also, some useful .bat files of which startxwin.bat is one, are
missing from the current installation. Even when installing the complete
package wouldn't help. Why was that?

I downloaded the 1.5.5-1 version from different locations and installed
it on WinXP.

Regards, Hans.