minimize emacs

Andrew DeFaria ADeFaria@Salira.com
Thu Sep 11 23:09:00 GMT 2003

Jason Dufair wrote:

> Maybe it's just me, but Windows-M minimizes everything. Is this
> happening to everyone?

It's supposed to! Windows-M means minimize all. Shift-Windows-M means
unminimize all. BTW Windows-D (for show desktop) is better becase the
second Windows-D reverses the action.

> (I am talking about Cygwin/XFree86 with -multiwindow, BTW). For Ctrl-Z
> to work, would that mean a fix for Emacs or for X?

I wouldn't call it a fix, rather a default configuration. I think you
can put the following in your .emacs file:

(global-set-key "\C-z" 'suspend-emacs-or-iconify-fram)