minimize emacs

Jason Dufair jase@dufair.org
Fri Sep 12 15:00:00 GMT 2003

Andrew DeFaria <ADeFaria@Salira.com> writes:

> I wouldn't call it a fix, rather a default configuration. I think you
> can put the following in your .emacs file:
>
> (global-set-key "\C-z" 'suspend-emacs-or-iconify-fram)

I don't seem to have a 'suspend-emacs-or-iconify-frame.  When I call
'suspend-emacs, I get "Suspending an emacs running under X makes no
sense".  Thanks for the suggestion.  C-z does work under Linux for me,
but no luck here.  C-z does have the effect of making the cursor hollow,
however.  I suspect whatever tricks are being done with -multiwindow
prevent iconify from behaving correctly.  Thanks for checking into it.

--
Jason Dufair - jase@dufair.org
http://www.dufair.org/