startxwin.bat - how to use an .xinitrc file

Mike Campbell oradba_us@yahoo.com
Thu Sep 25 15:25:00 GMT 2003

I have several things that I like to have run when I start an xsession
and normally I would put these into a ~/.xinitrc file to have them run
at X startup time.

However, when I run startxwin.bat it does not appear to execute the
.xinitrc file automatically. Therefore I have had to manually edit the
startxwin.bat file and add my custom stuff.

I"d like to find a way around editing startxwin.bat since after every
xfree update I have to re-edit the file and re-add my custom lines.

Am I missing something here? Is there a way to get startxwin.bat to
automatically find $HOME/.xinitrc or would this be a good enhancement
request?

Thanks,
Mike Campbell