Failure to make grap 1.30 under cygwin 1.5.5

Harold L Hunt II huntharo@msu.edu
Thu Sep 25 21:22:00 GMT 2003

Christopher Faylor wrote:
> On Thu, Sep 25, 2003 at 08:58:23AM -0400, Harold L Hunt II wrote:
>
>>Fergus,
>>
>>This is a general Cygwin question, not a Cygwin/XFree86 question.  It
>>should have been sent to cygwin@cygwin.com, not cygwin-xfree@cygwin.com.
>>
>>However, I happen to know the answer you want to hear.  The problem is
>>that 'flex' 2.5.31-1 sucks; it can't build anything in the XFree86 tree.
>>Something is horribly wrong with it, but I don't care to get involved
>>in fixing it.
>

> Just so it's clear: I don't care to get involved in fixing issues where
> the bug report is "something is horribly wrong with it", either, so if
> you do actually want to work on fixing it, then I'll need more to go on
> than I have been given and I'll need some hint of cooperation rather
> than attitude.  But, of course, that's a good lesson for life anyway.

Just so it is clear: I wasn't asking for anyone to get involved.  I saw
your initial defensive remark to Earle saying that the new version of
flex wasn't working for him and decided that I really don't care enough
to get involved and deal with your attitude.  So, I wrote my message
above in a manner that did not imply it was anyone's fault that flex was
broken, rather, I merely stated that it was broken and that Fergus can
be the one to help fix it if he is interested, because I am not.