Pseudocolor emulation in 6.7.0.0-3?

Harold L Hunt II huntharo@msu.edu
Mon Apr 12 00:33:00 GMT 2004

Michael,

Michael Sadd wrote:
> First off, thanks very much for the new Xorg server.
>
> For some time I have been using XWin to display an well-known EDA program that requires
> pseudo-color visuals.  After updating to the new xserver on April 11,2004, my old
> configuration seems to break.  Below is the output of /tmp/XWin.log and xdypinfo.  The
> interesting lines seems to be:
>
> winSetEngine - Multi Window or Rootless => ShadowGDI
> winAdjustVideoModeShadowGDI - Command line bpp: 8, using bpp: 32

Interesting.  The 6.7-3 release was supposed to include a fix for this
problem (which was introduced sometime before 6.7-3) but it appears that
the fix didn't make it into the release, instead it will be in 6.7-4
(see the release notes for 6.7-3 via the About... menu on the tray icon,
you'll see that it claims this was fixed already).

Thanks for the heads up,