errors when switching users (security hole?)

Sylvain Petreolle spetreolle@yahoo.fr
Sun Feb 29 05:11:00 GMT 2004

Alexander, dont you think startxwin.bat should exit
if XWin fails to start ?

This should be pretty easy to support in a batch file :
start XWin -multiwindow
if not errorlevel 0 goto badexit

 --- Kris Thielemans <kris.thielemans@csc.mrc.ac.uk> a écrit : > >
> > This is normal behaviour.
>
> well, I doubt that you would get your xterm on somebody else's screen
> on
> Linux, but I see what you mean.
>
> By the way, would it be a good idea to abort startxwin.bat when it
> didn't
> manage to remove .X11-unix? That way, at least the user could be
> warned
> she's doing something wrong.

=====
Sylvain Petreolle (spetreolle_at_users_dot_sourceforge_dot_net)
Say NO to software patents
Dites NON aux brevets logiciels

"You believe it's the year 1984, when in fact, its closer to 2184"1984 / Matrix