X11 Selections

Harold L Hunt II huntharo@msu.edu
Sun Jan 4 00:22:00 GMT 2004

I have successfully wrapped the dix layer's SetSelectionOwner function
in InitInput.c (it seems this needs to happen only once per instance of
XWin.exe, not per screen), and confirmed that I can print out a message
from this function.

The next step is to make sure that I can retrieve the current selection
contents within the X Server without a real client connection.  I
believe that I already had code that could do this, but I will have to
look around.  I have some new ideas for how to do this if I don't have
old code around.

After these two steps are complete I will have to make sure that our
protocol for changing ownership of the Win32 and X11 clipboards will not
lead to any infinite looping, then I can go about implementing some
simple copying and pasting routines.

Finally, I will have to adapt the xwinclip/-clipboard code that handles
Unicode and MBCS strings to work with teh new system.

Looks exciting.  I might have something later tonight.