ghostview problems ...

B. Marchand marchand@purdue.edu
Tue Jan 13 14:59:00 GMT 2004

I just noticed something. Even though ghostview (gv) comes up and
appears to run I can never open a file with it. It says "Unknown device:
x11" when I try to open a PS or EPS file. The only difference I noticed
between gv in cygwin and that in linux is that the following library is
not available under cygwin:

/usr/lib/ghostscript/7.05/X11.so

I wonder if this is the same reason why geomview won't run under cygwin.
In geomview's case (debug mode) I get a message saying

Warning: XmManager ClassInitialize: XmeTraitSet failed
Error: attempt to add non-widget child "DropSiteManager" to parent
"Geomview" which supports only widgets.

Any ideas as to what is missing for ghostview to run properly?

--B.