How do I delete crashed cygwin/x directories on W2K?

Earle F. Philhower III earle@ziplabel.com
Fri Jul 30 23:54:00 GMT 2004

For undeletable files first run chkdsk /f on the drive and
make sure it's clean.  Then try the steps listed in the MS KB
article linked below, especially the subinacl command
and the del \\?\ suggestions.

"You cannot delete a file or a folder on an NTFS file system volume"
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;320081

At 03:49 PM 7/30/2004 -0700, you wrote:
>I have a couple of CYGWIN/X directories on my hard drive
>that I cannot remove even when I logon as "Administrator".
>...Note that I can only view, not change any security.  It seems that
>"S-1-5-21-1844 ... ", which was most likely created by the installation
>procedure, is the owner of the 'Shortcuts' files in the directories.

-Earle F. Philhower, III
  earle@ziplabel.com
  cdrlabel - ZipLabel - FlpLabel
  http://www.cdrlabel.com