Is it somehow possible to start Windows applications from xterm so that they "remain" in X-Server area?

David Fraser davidf@sjsoft.com
Tue Jun 1 12:35:00 GMT 2004

Alexander Gottwald wrote:

>On Tue, 1 Jun 2004, David Fraser wrote:
>

>>Wow! This is amazing! I wish I had known about it before ...
>>Still works, I only had to patch it to set the DEFAULT_CHARSET to Ansi
>>(see ttfont.cc, line 1140 or so for where to patch this)
>>

>I got some errors with stdint.h vs sys/inttypes.h and LocalAlloc and
>two other functions had SIZE_T instead of UINT arguments.

Yes, I actually forgot another fix I had to make... my full patch attached

>But I'm still getting segfaults. The msgbox example segfaults
>in cygwin1!aclcheck. Are you using the latest packages or some older
>ones?

Probably a bit older but not too old ... attached my packages list
cygwin 1.3.22
I haven't tried it on a clean install.
It is worthwhile checking out previous error messages or using gdb for a
backtrace ... in my case the segfault was a font encoding issue, might
be different for you

>Are the debug symbols for the cygwin1.dll still available?

Others would know better than me...

>bye
>	ago

Cheers