Cygwin/Xfree on second (low res) monitor

Harold L Hunt II huntharo@msu.edu
Thu Mar 18 20:29:00 GMT 2004

Saul,

Saul Cozens wrote:

> In the abscense of anyone shouting 'nooooooo - you fool!'  I commented
> out lines 244, 245 of wincreatewnd.c and recompiled.

I like people compiling the source themselves and fixing their own
problems.  Thanks for this :)

However, it would be useful if you sent in a diff so that we knew sort
of what you were talking about and could maybe offer some tips.  I guess
you got the code from CVS, in which case you could:

cd programs/Xserver/hw/xwin
cvs -z3 diff -u wincreatewnd.c > wincreatewnd.c.diff

If you got it from the src packages via setup.exe, then you would have
to untar the original source and do something like the following:

cd /usr/src
diff xc-orig/programs/Xserver/hw/xwin/wincreatewnd.c \
xc/programs/Xserver/hw/xwin/wincreatewnd.c \
 > wincreatewnd.c.diff

> I was shocked and  surprised to find that  the hack worked.  I'm now
> going to familiarise myself with the code a bit more before suggesting
> how this feature could be implemented better.  Any hints on why the
> lines are there in the first place would still be appreciated.

I'm not sure why it works since I don't know what you changed. :)  I
looked and saw comments at 244 and 245.