Cygwin/Xfree on second (low res) monitor

Saul Cozens saul@thecozens.co.uk
Thu Mar 18 23:00:00 GMT 2004

Unfortunately anoncvs.xfree86.org is unreachable at the moment, so I got
an original copy of wincreatewnd.c and did a manual diff:

$ diff wincreatewnd.c wincreatewnd.c.orig
255,256c255,256
<             //iWidth = GetSystemMetrics (SM_CXSCREEN);
<             //iHeight = GetSystemMetrics (SM_CYSCREEN);
---
 >             iWidth = GetSystemMetrics (SM_CXSCREEN);
 >             iHeight = GetSystemMetrics (SM_CYSCREEN);

as you said- I got the line numbers wrong - I've must've been tinkering
elsewhere.  Anyway, I can start this up with:
    XWin.exe -query <linuxbox> -screen 0 1024 768 -rootless -lesspointer
-clipboard
and I do get a 1024x768 borderless window (on my 1280x1024 monitor-1) ,
which I can then move to monitor-2 using the Matrox PowerDesk hotkey for
'swap Active Window'.

I'm now seeing if I can add an [-offset <left> <top>] command line
option to save me that hotkey press!

any guidance appreciated,

Saul