uxterm from xterm-185-2 not working and Unicode related craches from xterm

Thomas Dickey dickey@his.com
Tue Mar 23 21:46:00 GMT 2004

On Tue, 23 Mar 2004, Harold L Hunt II wrote:

> I'm preparing xterm-185-3 right now using --enable-wide-chars.
>
> It wasn't clear to me if I should do this the first time around, so I
> figured I would just enable it later if it turned out to be needed and
> worked on Cygwin.  Looks like that is the case.  :)

It's relatively harmless if it is enabled.  If -u8 (and/or related options
and resources) are not set, xterm won't ask for the extra memory that the
UTF-8 support requires.  The executable is somewhat larger, but that's
less of an issue.

--
Thomas E. Dickey
http://invisible-island.net