XWin 4.3.0-50 crashes with -multiwindow (ping Earle)

Harold L Hunt II huntharo@msu.edu
Fri Mar 26 06:36:00 GMT 2004

Earle,

Earle F. Philhower III wrote:

> Howdy Fabrizio,
>
> At 09:34 AM 3/25/2004 +0100, you wrote:
>
>> I tried version 4.3.0-60 and it worked without crashing in 24bpp mode.
>> There
>> is a minor glitch left: in 24bpp mode, the icon at the upper left corner
>> has wrong colours, while the colours are right in 16bpp mode. I'm sending
>> you PNG files to show what's happening.
>

> That's an easy fix, what's going on is we're still assuming packed format
> in the X icon crawling, but it's really got 1/4 of the bytes unused
> (32bits per pixel, not 24bpp => the whole cause of the crash in the
> first place!).
>
> We crawl over each line of the X icon with x=x+(effXbpp/8).
> We should be doing something like x=x+(BytesPerPixel(ximage)) or
> make effxbpp=32 when xbpp=24...
>
> I'll look at it tonite unless Harold has beaten me to it again!

Nope, not going to beat you to it.  This issue is what I was referring
to when I said that Earle should probably look at the PixmapBytePad
patch to make sure it was complete.  :)

Also, I think you mentioned that 1 bit pixmaps were messed up.  If that
is still the case, it is because the GDI DIB 1 bit bitmap has a reversed
byte order.  So, you'll have to swap the byte order for 1 bit pixmaps
when you convert them.  Give that a try and let me know if it works...
ping me as soon as you look into it cause I'm really wondering if that
will fix it.